Friday, January 14, 2011

Rough day today.

Alicia's still doing well but having some trouble with her stomach today. She's been in quite a bit of pain. This is the first time throughout her ordeal that Alicia's complained of pain. They have X-rayed her stomach and examined her and think it's the usual problems that come after surgery and lack of movement. If you've ever had surgery you probibly know what that's like. Physical and ocupational therapy were in today and got her up for a bit. There is also talk of moving her out of ICU in the next couple days. As I was typing this a nurse gave her a little morphine and another medication that will hopefully help her relax soon. I picked a bad night to finally leave the hospital. Hopefully she and Mom both have a good night. My daughter informed me today that "it has now been a week and no one has ever gone a week without there mom before". The guilt worked. I'll be back for a visit tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're heading home. Sleep well, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Alicia that I empathize with her after surgery trouble. They pumped me full of fiber and softners and it was still days before I got any relief. I was beginning to think it would never happen again!!! You can tell her I always knew she was full of @#($ !!!! But then I guess it takes one to know one, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang girl!! You sure are giving us a lot to think about! I always knew you were full of that "stuff" too but you don't really have to prive it to us this way!! Still thinking about you and hoping your road to recovery is very short!

    Julie Holmes

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL That wasn't quite the problem I was talking about but thank you both for giving her another reason to hit me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL--Sorry Michelle if Alicia wants to beat you for my faux pas! Just tell her to remember this when the physical therapists need to motivate her to keep moving and such, I'll come and let her chase me around!!! I know that if it was me in the same boat, she'd have some smart aleck comments for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just checking up on Alicia--yeah she will want to kill you but that may just be the thing to make her work harder to get home Old Cuz Kitty

    ReplyDelete