Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Out of surgery!
The surgeon came out to talk to us. Alicia came through just fine. He said her thyroid was very large and difficult to get out but he didn't have to go through her sternum (crack her chest). He said they were able to identify the nerves and parathyroid. He felt they we're all in tact. They aren't going to consider taking her off the ventilator for 24 hours could be up to 48 hours. She will be heavily sedated for the next few hours. It sounds like things couldn't have gone better. Now we just wait and she works on healing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Praise the Lord that everything went well and she is out of surgery! She has been in my thoughts all day! I've prayed blessings over the surgeons hands and asked God to watch over her golden vocal cords. Give her my love and tell her I can't wait to give her some grief for scaring us all to death. Also tell her that she's got to get better fast or I'm gonna start posting more of her SingSnap songs!
ReplyDeleteKelly Reiter Collins